University of Wisconsin-Stout, B.A., Home Economics Education
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, M.S., Administrative Leadership
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Ph.D., Adult, Vocational, & Continuing Education
- 30-year career as an Extension Educator with 15 years as the Family Living Program Specialist in Aging with the University of Wisconsin-Extension
- Developed a statewide educational program addressing the needs of family caregivers
- Teamed up with Extension educators around the country to establish family caregiving as a national priority for the Cooperative Extension System and create the eXtension Family Caregiving Community of Practice and web site.
- American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- American Society on Aging
- presented at over ten national meetings
- reviewed conference proposals
- Family Caregiving eXtension Community of Practice
- National Alliance for Caregiving and MetLife Foundation Family Caregiver Award review committee for three years.
- National Society on Aging
- Wisconsin Epsilon Sigma Phi
- Resource Development Committee Chair
- National Epsilon Sigma Phi Distinguished Service Award
- USDA Career of Distinction
- Wisconsin Epsilon Sigma Phi Distinguished Service Award
Brintnall-Peterson, M & Brooks, N. (2009). Developing an Extension Program in Aging: A Historical Perspective. Madison, Wisconsin: Wisconsin Department of Family Development, University of Wisconsin-Extension.
Brintnall-Peterson, M., Poehlmann, J., Morgan, KI., & Shlafer, R. (2009). A Web-Based Fact Sheet for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren and the Professionals Who Serve Them. The Gerontologist 49 (2), 276-282.
Sellers, D., Crocker, A. Nichols, A., Kirby, S., & Brintnall-Peterson, M. (2009). Creating the eXtension Family Caregiving Community of Practice. Journal of Extension 47(5), 5FEA1.
Spaulding, M, Brintnall-Peterson, M., Malek, F., Nordgren,P., Weber, D., & Zuege-Halvorsen, T. (2009). The Impact of Adult Caregiving on County Government Employees in Six Wisconsin Rural Counties. National Journal of Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 20-24.
Spaulding, M, Brintnall-Peterson, M., Malek, F., Nordgren,P., Weber, D., & Zuege-Halvorsen, T. (2009). The Impact of Adult Caregiving on County Government Employees. Madison, Wisconsin: Department of Family Development, University of Wisconsin-Extension.
- Coping with Stress: http://www.extension.org/pages/15048/coping-with-stress
- Caregiving is Different for Everyone: http://cop.extension.org/wiki/Caregiving_Is_Different_for_Everyone
- Through the Eyes of a Child: Grandparents Raising Grandchildren Newsletter Series: http://www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/grandparent/relationships/factsheets.cfm
- Wisconsin Demographics-Family Caregiving (fact sheet and power point): http://www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/caregiving/index.cfm
- Wisconsin Demographics-Grandparents Caring for Grandchildren (fact sheet and power point): http://www.uwex.edu/ces/flp/demographics/grandparents.cfm
- Many Wisconsin County Employees Balance Work and Caregiving Roles, in the Wisconsin County Association Magazine. November 2008.
- Employed Family Caregiver Survey – led a UW-Extension team to create an on-line employer survey: http://www.extension.org/pages/27975/employed-family-caregiver-survey